The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law, signed by President Biden in November 2021, makes large investments in critical infrastructure projects across the country, including historic levels of funding to establish a nationwide network of electric vehicle charging stations. This legislation also includes groundbreaking investment in electric school buses.
The transportation electrification programs in Infrastructure Law will reduce pollution, improve public health, strengthen our energy independence, and advance technology change to solve some of our most pressing transportation challenges.
The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law includes the following funding for transportation electrification:
- $5 billion: National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Formula Program
- $2.5 billion: National Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Grant Program
- $5 billion: Clean School Bus Program
- $5.6 billion: Low- and No-Emission Transit Bus Program
- $250 million: Electric or Low Emitting Ferry Program