PA Gets Charged Up for Electric Vehicles
On August 6, the Electrification Coalition (EC) brought together 120 electric vehicle policymakers, industry experts, and advocates for an informative and collaborative day-long session about how to accelerate EVs in Pennsylvania. This session was the first in a series of state EV Policy Bootcamps the EC is holding in the coming months across six states.
At the bootcamp, we heard from a wide array of state, national and industry leaders, including Admiral Dennis C. Blair, member of Securing America’s Future Energy’s Energy Security Leadership Council and former Director of National Intelligence and Commander in Chief of the U.S. Pacific Command. Admiral Blair talked about the national security benefits of reducing our dependence on oil and the important role that electric vehicles play in that mission. The Pennsylvania EV Policy Bootcamp also included keynote addresses and presentations from the following speakers:
- Gerard Reid, Co-founder and Partner, Alexa Capital
- Natasha Fackler, Policy Director, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- David Althoff Jr., Director, Energy Programs Office, PA Department of Environmental Protection
- Adam Beam, Research Analyst, Office of Energy and Climate Change Initiatives, Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
- Joel Espino, Transportation Equity Lend Wend Collective
- Michael Maten, Manager, Energy, Environment, and Electrification, General Motors
- Chris Nedler, Manager, Mobility Practice, Rocky Mountains Institute
- Christine Sadovy, Chief of Staff, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
- The Electrification Coalition
- Atlas Public Policy
We also got a timely update about the Commonwealth’s efforts to advance electric vehicles from Patrick McDonnell, Secretary of the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection. Additional sessions included updates on the national EV market, manufacturers’ perspectives on vehicle technology and policy pathways, ideas for addressing EV equity considerations, and policy gaps around charging infrastructure.
In the afternoon, the EC led a deep-dive discussion about a wide range of policy options to accelerate EVs in Pennsylvania. This conversation utilized the unique “fishbowl” format to gather comments and input from all participants in a lively discussion format.
It was great to have robust participation in the inaugural EV Policy Bootcamp for Pennsylvania. We’re excited to work to accelerate EVs in the Keystone State!
For more information on the Electrification Coalition, visit electrificationcoalition.org.
- National EV Market Trends and Projections in an Uncertain Time
Gerard Reid, Co-Founder and Partner, Alexa Capital
- State of the State – EV Efforts in the Commonwealth
Natasha Fackler, Policy Director, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation; and David Althoff Jr., Director, Energy Programs Office, PA Department of Environmental Protection
- Showcasing EV Data Tool
Adam Beam, Research Analyst, Office of Energy and Climate Change Initiatives, Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission
- Addressing EV Equity Concerns and Considerations
Joel Espino, Transportation Equity Lead Wend Collective
- EV Insights: Vehicle Technology, Market Projections, and Policy Challenges
Michael Maten, Manager, Energy, Environment, and Electrification, General Motors
- EV Insights: Infrastructure Technology, Market Projections, and Policy Challenges
Chris Nelder, Manager, Mobility Practice, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Growing EVs in New Jersey: Policy Insights from the Garden State
Christine Sadovy, Chief of Staff, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
- EV Policy Blueprint for Action: Where Are the Leading Opportunities for Policy Action in the Near Term?
The Electrification Coalition
- Pennsylvania Transportation Electrification Overview
Atlas Public Policy