On March 7, the Electrification Coalition and our partners hosted an EV Education Day at the Georgia state capitol. The event included an electric vehicle display and a press conference, featuring the following speakers:
- Don Parsons, Chair, House Energy, Utilities, & Telecommunications Committee
- Emanuel Jones, Senate District 10, representing Southwest DeKalb and Henry County
- Laurie Holmes, Kia Corporation
- Albert Burleigh, Blue Bird Corp.
- Anne Blair, Electrification Coalition
- Jennette Gayer, Environment Georgia
- Britton Smith, Blue Bird Corp.
EV Education Day presented an opportunity for advocates to inform lawmakers about the industry’s growth and encourage the policies needed to continue the state’s EV leadership. Georgia is among the top ten largest markets in the nation for EV charging, and more and more drivers are turning to electric transportation for lower ownership costs and cleaner energy choices. It is predicted that 50% of all new car sales will be electric vehicles by 2030.