Partners and stakeholders from across Colorado joined World Resources Institute and the Electrification Coalition on Jan. 27, 2022, for a roundtable discussion on the wide-ranging benefits of electric school buses and Colorado’s window of opportunity to accelerate deployment.
The event included remarks from Senator John Hickenlooper, Governor Jared Polis, state legislators, Colorado Senate Majority Leader Steve Fenberg, Rep. Alex Valdez, industry experts, EV advocates, and school districts that are leading the charge in the Centennial State.
School bus electrification will improve health and academic outcomes for young people, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and expand the green economy. These benefits are especially important for high-pollution corridors, and Black, Hispanic, and low-income households, which are disproportionately exposed to health risks from transportation pollution. To stay up to date about the latest news on electric school buses, follow WRI’s eschoolbus4kids on Twitter.
Resources from the Webinar
- Speaker Bios
- Presentation Slides
- Sign-on letter to the Colorado legislature in support of the Governor’s budget proposal for ESBs
- DRVE Tool for Electric School Buses Fact Sheet
- Clean school bus funding from the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Xcel Energy fleet advisory program
- Funding & financing tips for communities
- Five ways states can get more electric school buses on the road
Jamboards from breakout groups